TikTok has taken the world by storm.
It changed the way we expressed ourselves on social media and taught us never to underestimate the potential of short-length videos since TikTok is one of the most trending social hubs in 2021.
Up until TikTok’s official launch, we were used to posting different types of content on social platforms such as Facebook and Instagram in the forms of a ‘classic’ post to the revolutionary story uploads and videos that were gradually added along the way.
What's So Special About TikTok?
TikTok, while it might seem rather narrow and lacks diversity at first, has proved that there’s so much that could be done in a video-based platform.
In an app that's thriving with challenges and trends that constantly evolve from one day to the next, anyone could find a TikToker to follow.
Because in an ocean of videos, ranging from lip-syncing themed videos to imitating iconic dialogues and scenes from series and movies or good old dancing videos; you’re guaranteed to find at least one user who understands what content you’re into and delivers it flawlessly.
If TikTok hasn’t hooked you in yet, this article will discuss the new features that are about to be introduced to TikTok any time soon.
Douyin And TikTok
TikTok’s Chinese version, Douyin, is always ahead of our beloved TikTok in new features and updates.
The potential updates the company deliberates are first tried on the Chinese audience and are imported to the Western world’s TikTok according to the reactions and the performance rates these additions have yielded.
Based on Douyin’s recent changes, we can assume that we will see any of these new features on TikTok (remember where you’ve read about them for the first time!)
From China To TikTok: New Updates And App Mechanics
- Social commerce: ever saw some product or merchandise on TikTok that you wanted to buy straight away?
Soon we’ll see a direct link to purchase the item featured on a TikTok video. Fun, right?
By the way, it’s also possible to buy cheap TikTok followers if your page needs a boost.
- Do you know the feeling when you see some Airbnb/hotel room that you like to jump into straight away?
Your dream might come true, with TikTok being a platform where you’ll be able to book such a room directly from an app’s video.
- In the meantime, when the world is under lockdown anyway, and the tourist industry's being out of order for a year or so, what’s better in such periods than to TikTok conducting virtual video-tours in restaurants and stores, making us feel as if we’re actually there! Better wear something nice, because the virtual tour will start really soon, with or without you!
- Geotagged reviews: among this list of the new and promising TikTok features, we could also find this type of reviews; leaving a review for any user’s current location.
- The future is here: TikTok is about to install a face-recognition driven search engine that detects all the videos a particular TikToker has uploaded based on their face-shots.
Unfortunately, all of these app’s upgrades and editions have yet to arrive, so we’ll have to wait patiently for them.
In the meantime, keep on enjoying TikTok’s features to the fullest and create valuable content; because this is the first rule in how to make your video viral.